By Michael Spivak
Booklet by means of Michael Spivak, Spivak, Michael
Read Online or Download Comprehensive Introduction to Differential Geometry PDF
Similar differential geometry books
Fibre bundles, now an essential component of differential geometry, also are of serious significance in smooth physics--such as in gauge concept. This publication, a succinct creation to the topic via renown mathematician Norman Steenrod, used to be the 1st to give the topic systematically. It starts with a basic advent to bundles, together with such subject matters as differentiable manifolds and masking areas.
Brower W. surgical procedure on simply-connected manifolds (Springer, 1972)(ISBN 0387056297)
This self sufficient account of contemporary principles in differential geometry indicates how they are often used to appreciate and expand classical leads to imperative geometry. The authors discover the impression of overall curvature at the metric constitution of whole, non-compact Riemannian 2-manifolds, even though their paintings may be prolonged to extra normal areas.
The current ebook is meant as a textbook and reference paintings on 3 issues within the identify. including a quantity in development on "Groups and Geometric research" it supersedes my "Differential Geometry and Symmetric Spaces," released in 1962. considering that that point numerous branches of the topic, fairly the functionality thought on symmetric areas, have built considerably.
- The Hauptvermutung Book
- Convex analysis: theory and applications
- The geometry of Kerr black holes
- Complex, contact and symmetric manifolds: In honor of L. Vanhecke
- Quaternionic Structures in Mathematics and Physics: Proceedings of the Second Meeting Rome, Italy 6 - 10 September 1999
- Nonlinear problems in geometry
Additional info for Comprehensive Introduction to Differential Geometry
3. E(S) harmonic submanifold = E inner The energy 7. M is End(V) I S2 Fnd(EV) I XS -SX}, I YS SY}. JY E End(fff) IX (indefinite) < defined = fm := functional < dS A *dS >. with respect to variations of S are called M to Z. S is harmonic if and only if the Z-tangential component of dS vanishes: (d This condition is equivalent to * any dS)T of the F. E. : LNM 1772, pp. 31 - 38, 2002 © Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2002 = 0. 2) = 0, (6-3) = 0. 4) fact, d(S Proof. St be Let a Q * = 4d * of S in variation fm d d Wt- E(S) the 4d = S(d dS)T * Z with = (Sd variational * dS)T.
HIE E is is the called a is equivalent to the fact 0 E F(E), projection. 1) do) and hence induces a holomorphic structure F(E) into itself, complex line bundle E. line bundle A complex line bundle E C H induces a quaternionic of H maps the on L=EH=EE)Ej CH. to the structure of a JE admits a unique extension complex structure bundle (L, J), namely right-multiplication complex quaternionic by (-i) on line bundle (L, J) C H induces a a complex quaternionic Ej. Conversely, line bundle complex The E:= Definition lift 10.
HP1 with deriva- L C H in curve Then there exist complex structures J such that We want to extend J and j = to S E a jj complex structure F(End(H)) such that SL this Q case". e. 4) dSL c L. of S is'clear: The existence bundle L' Since L' Identify not unique, L. is H = 0, R can be Q: interpreted I((S 4 + 1(SdS 4 Q+ V) E F(L), SIL complementary Ji SIP := j. := S + R is kerR, and We compute If some if and RS + SR Note that for and define 7r, RH c L c whence R2 L E) L' = It is easy to see that S is not unique.